The 50th day of school is rapidly approaching! (Okay…so I’ve still got like 20+ days to go but it’s getting closer!) I’ve been thinking about how to jazz up what I do on the 50th day. I put together a packet of 50th day of school activities and posted it on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher’s Notebook. Here are a couple of previews:
This is just a small sample of what’s included! Here’s what the file contains:
* Ideas for the 50th Day of School
* 50th Day of School note for you to customize
* 50th Day of School Addition page (Addition to 15)
* Cut and Paste numbers to 50 counting by 5’s
* Records with numbers to 50 counting by 5’s students can use to order numbers
* Roll to 50 activity
* Then and Now Venn Diagram comparing the 50’s with today
* Which food is your favorite graph activity
* Write 50 words sheet
* My 50th Day of School booklet (includes writing numbers to 50 counting by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s, Place value (drawing a representation of 50 using tens and ones), making 50 tally marks, writing what you wish you had 50 of, what you wouldn’t want 50 of, what you will do in 50 years, and what you will look like in 50 years.
I can’t wait for the 50th day! The kids are used to celebrating the 50th day because they do it in kindergarten. When they get to first and find out we celebrate the 50th day they get so excited! Do you celebrate the 50th day of school?