I love celebrating Johnny Appleseed’s birthday in the classroom! It gives me a good reason to bring all sorts of apple goodies into the classroom! During the week that John Chapman’s birthday falls (September 26th) my students sample one different apple item each day. I usually do applesauce, cider, juice, pie, and different types of apples. We do graphs, read books, sing songs, all sorts of fun apple things! I put together some of my ideas and materials I use into a mini Johnny Appleseed/Apple unit. Here’s what’s included and a peek!
Yay! Another product has been updated! I first created this Johnny Appleseed Unit back in 2011 and it has been one of my best sellers on Teachers Pay Teachers. I recently gave it a major update! The unit has been redesigned with new, clearer fonts, better directions/explanations and new pages and activities have been added. See below for the updated list of included activities! (Make sure to head over to your “My Purchases” page on Teachers Pay Teachers if you’ve purchased this unit before September 13, 2017!)
Contents of Johnny Appleseed Apple Fun Unit:
- Favorite Type of Apple Class Graph
- Apples for Class Graph
- Which apple is your favorite? Student Graph
- How many people liked…? Use with Favorite Apple Graph
- Favorite Apple Food Class Graph
- Favorite Apple Food choices for Graph
- Favorite Apple Food Student Choices for Graph
- How many people liked…? Use with Favorite Apple Food
- Apple Addition with Apple Seeds
- Johnny Appleseed Glyph Directions
- Johnny Appleseed Glyph
- Johnny Appleseed Glyph Student Data
- Johnny Appleseed Glyph Legend
- Johnny Appleseed Glyph Data Collection/Interpretation Pages
- Apple Math Journal Prompts (10 in all)
- Johnny Appleseed Word Search (easier)
- Johnny Appleseed Word Search (easier) Answer Key
- Johnny Appleseed Word Search (more challenging)
- Johnny Appleseed Word Search (more challenging) Answer Key
- Apple Patterns
- Apple Adding by Color Code
- Apple Sink or Float Experiment/Observation
- Apple Writing Papers (4 styles)
- Apple Bubble Chart
- Johnny Appleseed Bubble Chart
- Apple Poem and Songs
- Apple Poem – Apples, Apples
- Apple Song – Apples
- Apple Tic-Tac-Toe Directions
- Apple Tic-Tac-Toe Boards (4 versions)
- Editable Apple Tic-Tac-Toe Board
- How to Make an Apple Pie Writing
- Writing Apple Labels
- Apple Handwriting with Word Bank
- Apples Can-Have-Are Chart
- Opinion Writing: Apples or Bananas?
- Opinion Writing: Apple Juice or Applesauce
Examples of Included Activities:
PLUS MUCH MORE!
The kids always LOVE having apple themed snacks! I can’t wait for them to try all of the apple things. It’s always interesting to find out who likes what kinds of apples and what apple foods the students have never had before!
Remember to download your FREE update if you have already purchased and make sure to check your My Purchases page on TPT often to see when sellers have updated their resources!
Happy Apple Fun!