I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching – Five For Friday. As I’m typing this I’m thinking about how I won’t have many Fridays left before I have to return to school! 🙁 I’ve been out of school for almost one whole month now. My summer vacation is flying by!!
1. Tuesday was my anniversary! I’ve been happily married to my best friend for 7 years! I seriously couldn’t ask for a better husband! He helps me so much with my classroom including organizing my library (he’s a librarian!), printing, laminating, cutting, and creating TPT products! I love him so much! 🙂
2. I pretty much cooked all day on Tuesday (we’re going out this weekend to celebrate) – penne pasta with amazing homemade four cheese sauce and meatballs. YUM! I have to confess that I do not do the majority of the cooking in my house. My amazing husband does most of the cooking so it was sort of a big deal that I cooked all day. I also made some yum-mazing cake pops!
3. I’m loving the game Dutch Blitz! I love playing games – board games, video games, card games, etc. My husband and I got the game Dutch Blitz for Christmas from my brother in law and we just now got around to playing it. It’s so much fun! I imagine with more than two people it would be crazy! It’s fast-paced which means if things got too crazy you might end up with some bent cards. Tons of fun!!
4. I painted on Thursday! I’m working on a project for my classroom. I wanted to make a cute sign out of canvas. I painted this fun painting. I plan on adding some ribbon and my name.
5. I finally posted my Roll and Read Long Vowel Word Family packet on TeachersPayTeachers! I love Roll and Read games! Students get to practice fluency/reading with expression as well as using and counting tally marks. There are three levels included for each word family to make differentiating easy. These games can be used with partners, in RTI or small groups, or sent home as homework. Fun!
That’s it for this week! Many of you are following my blog with Google Reader (which will be disappearing soon). If you haven’t already, you can follow my blog via email or with Blog Lovin’ by clicking the button below.